June 26, 2008

Anniversary, Boating, and Poor Dud Bud!

Our 2 year anniversary is this Sunday but last week Cam had to work down in Salt lake for a couple of days and Qwest put him up in a hotel for free.... so we decided hey why not celebrate a week early. So we celebrated our Anniversary last week in Salt Lake. It was great even though it was Salt Lake and not far from home it still felt like a vacaction. Little bit more for me than Cam because he did still have to work, but anyway on Thursday night we went to the Melting Pot, and for anyone who hasn't been there when you get the chance you must try it! It was AMAZING! It is a great place to enjoy a quiet, romantic, and not to mention an excellent dinner together. We quite enjoyed ourselves!



Then on Saturday we went with our friends Jess and Derek to Utah lake to watch the Hyperlite Wakeboaring tour, and then did some wakeboarding ourselves. It was a great way to end the weekend. We had so much fun, and hopefully it won't be the one and only boating trip of the season, but who knows with gas prices going through the roof it could have been!




Then this Monday Dudley got neutered. I know poor guy! I felt so bad for him. When I went to pick him up at the vet he was still a little bit knocked out from the meds, and was walking like he drunk! Now the poor guy has to wear a lamp shade on his head and has the hardest time remembering that he can't turn corners as sharp as he usually does and he can fit under things that easily either! Hopefully he will heal fast so he doesn't have to wear it very long.

10 comments:

Catlin said...

Happy Anniversary! Looks like fun!

Jess and Derek said...

Ohh.. poor dudley- derek was telling me that he was having a tough time :) Guess what? His dad might not be selling the boat anymore so we'll be able to go much more if you can! I really want to try the melting pot!

The Edwards Family said...

Sounds like a fun anniversary! I've always wanted to try the Melting Pot but just never have. Maybe I'll convince Court to take me sometime soon :) And don't worry about lunch a few weeks ago. We can always try for the next time Steph's here! I saw her on Sat and she said she's coming back in August so maybe we can figure something out for then. Sound good?

Cassie said...

Poor Dudley!
I wish I was boating right now... instead of working like a chump. You teachers know how to spend a summer.

Heather said...

My stomach is just now recovering from all of the laughter! Poor, poor Dudley!! That picture is totally priceless. Hopefully he won't be sportin the whole lamp shade fashion for too long! :)

Sara said...

Happy Anniversary!! We love the Melting Pot!! Delicicous! I am jealous you got to go boating! Give us a call when you are down here next... we all need to go to dinner or do a bbq!!

Grammy and Papa said...

We've heard lots of good things about the melting pot. Now's a good time to try it! Poor Dudley, a lampshade for a hat. Hey Cam, is that a guitar in the background? Eric just bought a sweet guitar and is teaching himself how to play. You both should take them to Bear Lake! Looking forward to that!See you both then! Love, Cody & Tina

Grammy and Papa said...

Linds, what were we thinking? Maybe the guitar belongs to you... if so, YOU should bring it to Bear Lake! See you then if not before!

Brittany said...

Happy Anniversary! I have heard nothing but greatness about the Melting Pot, we will have to try it for sure. Poor Dudley, I have to say though I laughed when I saw his picture and read that he can't fit under things anymore, get better!

A girl named Holly... said...

LINDS!

It's so good to hear from you! I am jealous of the melting pot...mmm, soooo good. I hear you are in Logan in a cute house, you and Cam are just so cute together, I love it! I am going to put you on my list of "fave's" and continue to blog stalk you, I'm so excited about it:)