Well Friday was the last day of school, and as most of you know I have been working as a part time resource teacher at a local elementary school in Logan, but Friday was my last day working there because I am moving to a new school next year. It was sad to leave there, but I am excited to finally have my own classroom! I absolutely loved my students, and they made me laugh everyday! I just wanted to share with you some of my favorite memories from this year.
- I had a first grader who every day would come in with a new injury. Whether it be her arm, leg, or her back that she hurt the previous night exercising! One perticular story however that really got the students shook up was when she told the rest of my students that a shark had bit her leg the day before and that is why she could not walk today. I had some pretty scared first graders wondering about this so called shark attack she was involved in.
- I was giving the final state test to a group of 5th Graders, and I had just read off one of the questions and I was waiting for everyone to answer. One of my students was really taking his time. He was sitting at his desk and he kept saying.. hmm.... hmmm... like he was really pondering this question. Then he looked up at me and said, "what was the question again?"
- At the end of 5th grade all the student have to complete a state report and I was helping one of my 5th grade student with their state report. So he came into me and I ask, "so what state are you writing your report on" and he said "umm...Kentucky" Then I ask him if he had an outline that we needed to follow when writing his report and he said "umm... I don't think so I just need to write everything about Oklahoma" I was like "you mean Kentucky?" He was like " Oh, Oh ya that's right"
- I was giving the final state test to one of my first grade students because she really needed no distractions, and the other students didn't need her distracting them, so therefore it was just me and her. When giving her the test I would read every question twice just to make sure she heard it the first time, but in the middle of the test she stopped me and said "Why are you reading every question twice? You sound like a broken record!" I busted up laughing, and then she started to laugh and she says, "Teacher you have a funny laugh!"
- One of my favorite things about one of my fifth grade students is that every time I would ask him a question he would respond... "I would have to say..." and then he would follow up with his answer.
- One day at the end of April when it SNOWED I went to get one of the kindergarteners that I worked with , and I brought him into the classroom and he saw that it was snowing and he said, "Ya Santa Claus is coming"
- Every morning I would sit and listen to the fifth grade boys come in and talk about the sports games the night before. Well this one particular morning I was listening to them argue back and forth about which team was better, Utah or BYU. One boy would throw out a basketball sports statistic about BYU and then the other would come right back with a Utah sports statistic . Well they were going back and forth for quite a while and then this one kid finally goes "Well Utah's gymnastic team has won more then BYU's has" and the other boy goes " Dude, who watches Gymnastic!" I was laughing so hard, but I felt so bad for that little boy who was trying so hard to prove that Utah was better.
11 comments:
Mono- this is why I love you. I can see you cracking up (with your funny laugh) at all these little moments. It just makes me smile! I knew you were a fantastic teacher.
How funny! Enjoy your nice summer break! I'm sure we'll see you around at Qwest softball!
Little kids are so funny! Hope you have a fun summer break! Lunch when Steph is in town sounds great. Ballet is over for the summer so I'm pretty free. Just let me know when you're thinking!
That is so funny! I love the things they say to you.
Sounds like there is never a dull moment for you guys!! Enjoy your break and then back to the comedy right?
HA! I love kids! They always have something funny to sar!!
You can tell Cam that I am more jealous of his waterfall than he is of my bike.
Bryce
Hey, it's Jamilyn! I saw your blog on Cortney's and I'm so glad. It seems like life is going great for you guys and I'm way happy for you! Your house is beautiful and your husband did an awesome job with the backyard. So... maybe we should be blogger friends! I'm at ringinthebells.blogspot.com
ha ha ha... LOVE the cute kids stories. How fun! I really liked the girl laughing about your laugh-- and the oklahoma/kentucky boy. Sweet. Well, I'm all signed up for the marathon! September 20th baby! Still good to stay there? (probably be there with rog and mya, since we are a package deal...)
That is so funny! I love what kids have to say. That makes me want to be a teacher!
Mono... that is all... sounds like life is great for you! Just wanted to say Enjoy Your Summer!
Post a Comment