Born September 8, 2011
6 lbs 7 oz
19 inches long
It has taken me a while to getting around to posting about our new little Avery. I kept meaning to but when I finally got some "me" time, I chose sleep over blogging :) Anyway, a week before Avery was born when I went to my doctors appointment my doctor predicted that I would have her within the next week, week and half. At that point I was just barely 37 weeks, and I had Abbey when I was 37 weeks and 3 days. So that's when we began to play the waiting game. The day of my Doctors appointment I starting having lots of back pain, and cramping, and as the weekend went on I kept having on and off contractions, but nothing that would justify going to the hospital, but enough to make the day miserable. I thought for sure one night while at the grocery store that I just might collapse into a ball on the floor as I was holding on to the shopping cart with all my might, as I tried to finish some last minute shopping. See last time when Abbey was born we were completely unprepared, and so this time I wanted to be completely prepared and not have a thing to worry about after the baby was born. So I was stocking up on anything that I thought we might need for the next month or so. After that Friday night at the grocery store I was almost positive that there was no way I was going to make it through the weekend. But then by Sunday the pain had subsided greatly, and I was no longer having contractions. Cam asked me on Sunday if I had to predict when she will come when would I guess it would be. He predicted Thursday, and agreed it was a good guess. But soon the anticipation was killing me so i decided to just go on about my days, and try not to wonder about when she was actually going to come. On Tuesday my contractions began again, but not as painful as they were over the weekend. I was getting pretty sick of these contractions and just wanted my water to break like it did last time! Then on Wednesday night I started to get these severe leg spasms, but didn't think anything of it because things like this had been happening for a week now and nothing had come of it. But sure enough Thursday morning at 5:30 am my water broke. As soon as it broke I woke up Cam, and the the first thing he said was "Good, it's about time!" So we hurried and jumped out of bed and started to get ready. Which we really didn't have a lot to get ready for because my bags had been packed for a week now. We raced around at first and then said, what are we doing we don't really need to race we have plenty of time. My labor with Abbey was 19 hours long, so we didn't think there was any need to rush. So I calmly called my sisters friend who had offered to watch Abbey for us, and let our parents know that we were heading to the hospital. When we arrived at the hospital I was already dilated to a 4 1/2, but again I wasn't expecting things to progress quickly. The nurses however were predicting that I would have her around 9 am, and well they were pretty close. She arrived at 10:24 am that morning. Just short of 5 hours after my water broke. I was in complete shock that it went that fast, but so excited to finally meet my baby girl!
.
Even though it was a quick labor it did come with a few little bumps and bruises, or I guess I should say Breaks and Bruises! This poor little girl was born with a broken collar bone, and I either broke my tail bone, or severely bruised it. They told me that if it was broken it would heal faster, but if it was bruised or fractured it would take some time to heal.. possibly up to a year!
Abbey has been pretty good with Avery. At first she didn't quite know what to think. Transitioning from 1 to 2 hasn't been as hard as I anticipated it would be. I thought for sure Abbey was going to have melt down after melt down, but she has just handled it really well. She is a little bit more hyper than usual, but is just a ball of entertainment! She seems so big to me now and it makes me so sad that she is no longer my baby but my big girl! I will say this, having 2 kids does make having 1 kid seem like a piece of cake!
Our first picture as a family of 4!




8 comments:
CONGRATS! What a sweet little girl! And I love her name. I'm glad things went well and I hope your tailbone is feeling better! That is crazy!
Ohhhh...she is so beautiful!!! Congrats! And Im sorry about your tailbone! Ive bruised mine before, and it really isnt fun!
Love the picture of the two of them and the one of all of you!
Congrats! What a good lookin' family you have :) I've never heard of a baby being born with a broken collar bone. Did the Dr. do anything to fix that? And I hope your tailbone is alright.
ooh! She is so beautiful! I can't believe we have babies! Its so weird! Life goes so fast! COngratulations!
WoW! She is adorable Linds. So much dark hair. So cute. Fun to read your birth story. I love those. I would love for my water to break, but apparently, my uterus is too stubborn or something. ;) Can't wait to meet little Avery Mae. (we too are thinking "may" for a middle name!)
congrats my dear! Sorry that i am a bit late checking in on your. hope you are doing well with the two little sweeties. SO much fun!
She is just beautiful, Mono. I can't believe you are the mother of 2! Didn't we just sit down to eat some cereal and watch Friends like... yesterday? I want to meet her.... Christmas is coming on! Should we plan a little gathering?
Post a Comment