June 13, 2010

Catch Up Time!

Well it seemed like for the longest time there wasn't anything to exciting going on in our life's so there was really nothing to blog about. Well at least nothing that was actually blog worthy, but now that the weather has changed it seems like life has gotten a little more exciting. I now have things to blog about. So here we go. This is what we have been up to...

Memorial Day Weekend Fun!!!


This Memorial day weekend Cam's family all came to visit us up in Logan. We had a great time enjoying the delicious BBQ, relaxing by the campfire, fishing, and just enjoying the company!

Relaxing by the campfire



Enjoying the always entertaining music by Seth and Nikki

Grandma snugglin' by the campfire with the boys


Snugglin' with the babe!


Fishing!!



Cute Cousins!!


The boys fishing with Grandpa!




Cute Girlie just hangin' out!

And you know it was a fun weekend when you finish out the weekend looking like this!!!






Weekend Fun!!


Last weekend started out with my friend Ali's wedding shower. It is always fun to get together with my high school girlfriends. Back in high school Ali ABSOLUTELY loved this napkin holder of my mom's and would always beg me to give it to her :)... NOT! She hated this napkin holder so much that she actually bought us a new one so she wouldn't have to look at it anymore... Well now she will have the pleasure of displaying this beautiful napkin holder in her very own home!! Hope you like it Ali :)

I mean who doesn't love wicker!! Ha Ha


Then such it was such a nice day last Saturday we decided to take the Girlie swimming at grandma and grandpa's house for her first time!

She absolutely loved it!



She is a water baby for sure!



And last but not least.... We have been praying for this girl!!


This is my Friend Stephanie. Our friendship goes all the way back to preschool when we were just 4 years old and loved to have tea party's together. Last May Stephanie was diagnosed with a rare form of ovarian cancer. She under went chemo treatments and radiation, and in December was told that she was Cancer free. But this March found out that the cancer had come back, this time in her lungs, liver and kidney.I can not even explain to you how much I love this girl. I am sad to say that watching Stephanie go through this great trial in her life has given me a greater perspective on life and on the things that really matter. There are days when I think that I have had a rough day, but then have to remind myself that it is nothing compared to what she is going through. She is just amazing and her strength has been an inspiration to us all!

Our friend Cortney had the wonderful idea to have a big group of us fold 1,000 paper cranes for Stephanie. There is a Japanese legend that says that if anyone folds 1,000 paper cranes then their hearts desires will come true!

The cranes turned out great, and we are now waiting and praying for our greatest desire to come true! Love you Steph!!

5 comments:

Cassie said...

What a sweet idea for your friend Stephanie. It is a labor of love to fold all those cranes! Looks beautiful and I know she must have loved you all for it. I will pray for her too. Love you, Mono.

The Edwards Family said...

Looks like you guys have had some FUN!!!

I am the same way. My life has been put into perspective recently too and I can't stop thinking about Steph. Isn't it sad that it takes something like this to realize how blessed we really are? We're praying for Steph too. Hoping those 1,000 cranes work!!!

Charee B Mcclellan said...

you are such a sweet friend! and i YOU are freakin hot in that picture from WAY BACK WHEN...you gorgeous girl. what a sweet and kind thing for you to do..and fold all those colorful cranes. i REALLY want you as a friend for sure. i will keep her in our prayers. love all of the other darling pictures of your FUN times.

mandy said...

Such cute pictures Mano. Love your fire pit! We are hoping to put one in this summer!

Love Family said...

I love the pic of the kiddos fishing with their grandpa (jon?) :) I love your backyard too! That is neat you folded a 1,000 of those with your friends. Maybe her hearts desire was to be able to go home and let this trial come to an end. I'm sorry you lost her, I can't imagine. I hope you are doing okay...and what a better knowledge than to know you will see her again.